Miniature Pinscher Quick Facts:
* First dog developed to hunt mice/rats
* Origin in Germany about 1836
* Pinscher is a German word for terrier
* Known as the King/Queen” of Toy Dog Breedsminiature-pinscher
* First entered the Westminster Dog Show in 1930
* Life Span 15 + years. A long healthy life for the Miniature Pinscher can be aided by feeding the best dog food, daily exercise and regular Vet check-ups.
Miniature Pinscher Appearance:
* Small, muscular, compact body
* Long legs
* 10 – 12 inches high Weighs 8 – 10 lbs.
* Short, easy to maintain coat
* Normal coat color is red but may also be black & tan or chocolate
Miniature Pinscher Temperament:
* Friendly, full of energy, loves to play.
* Generally prefers to be a one or two person dog but with the proper socialization, they can be very good family dogs.
* Outgoing and clever
* Excellent watch dogs
* Brave and loyal to their masters
* Makes a great canine companion
Miniature Pinscher Potential Health Issues:
* Very few health problems. Generally a healthy breed.
* Needs regular exercise
* May not be the best dog for apartment living unless you can commit to daily exercise
* This toy dog breed tends to be very aggressive with its’ toys. Make sure smaller toys are chewable.
* Prone to chasing anything that moves or darts. Need to walk on dog leash and make sure yard is securely fenced.