Miniature Pinscher Quick Facts:
* First dog developed to hunt mice/rats
* Origin in Germany about 1836
* Pinscher is a German word for terrier
* Known as the King/Queen” of Toy Dog Breedsminiature-pinscher
* First entered the Westminster Dog Show in 1930
* Life Span 15 + years. A long healthy life for the Miniature Pinscher can be aided by feeding the best dog food, daily exercise and regular Vet check-ups.
Miniature Pinscher Appearance:
* Small, muscular, compact body
* Long legs
* 10 – 12 inches high Weighs 8 – 10 lbs.
* Short, easy to maintain coat
* Normal coat color is red but may also be black & tan or chocolate
Miniature Pinscher Temperament:
* Friendly, full of energy, loves to play.
* Generally prefers to be a one or two person dog but with the proper socialization, they can be very good family dogs.
* Outgoing and clever
* Excellent watch dogs
* Brave and loyal to their masters
* Makes a great canine companion
Miniature Pinscher Potential Health Issues:
* Very few health problems. Generally a healthy breed.
* Needs regular exercise
* May not be the best dog for apartment living unless you can commit to daily exercise
* This toy dog breed tends to be very aggressive with its’ toys. Make sure smaller toys are chewable.
* Prone to chasing anything that moves or darts. Need to walk on dog leash and make sure yard is securely fenced.This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won't cost you a penny more) Click here for my full disclosure policy.